Includes These Topics:
- Reading: Uppercase Alphabet A to Z
- Math: Numbers 1–5, Circles, Squares, Triangles, Rectangles, Diamonds, and Stars
- World Around Us: Getting Dressed, My Body, and The Market
- Art & Colors: Red, Yellow, Blue, Orange, Green and Purple
My 3–year–old asks to play it every
day! It is very educational and fun
at the same time. Keep up the
1. Teaching the sequence of 1-2-3-4-5
2. Teaching children that the symbols 1-2-3-4-5 represent the oral words one, two, three, four, and five
3. Teaching children to relate those symbols and oral words to the quantities that they represent—one aspect of an important ability that mathematics educators refer to as number sense
On the topic of shapes, the ABCmouse.com online preschool math curriculum teaches children to name and identify circles, squares, triangles, rectangles, diamonds, and stars; to observe important characteristics of these shapes; and to recognize them when they appear in the world around them.
The math curriculum includes many online preschool math games that offer engaging and fun ways to practice and reinforce important math basics.
ABCmouse.com’s comprehensive curriculum has been designed in close collaboration with nationally recognized early childhood education experts, ensuring that the content aligns with best practices of early education. And with no advertising and no links to other websites, ABCmouse.com provides a completely child-safe resource.
Families use ABCmouse.com to help young children to prepare for and be successful in preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten classes. Visit our homepage to learn how ABCmouse.com’s Step-by-Step Learning Path makes it easy to help children enter school with confidence.
Teachers use ABCmouse.com to supplement their classroom curriculum with highly engaging and educational activities that can be done with the class as a whole (using a digital projector or interactive whiteboard), with children working on computers individually or in small learning groups, or in a computer-lab setting.
Tutors use ABCmouse.com to help them pinpoint and address the individual needs of children who have fallen behind or wish to get ahead. ABCmouse.com’s Lesson Builder function is especially useful in tutoring applications, since it allows the tutor to select learning activities with specific educational objectives for learning and practice in between tutoring sessions.
Kindergarten and First Grade Teacher
National Teacher of the Year, 2006
Pre-K Teacher for more than 25 years
Founding Director of the National Board for
Professional Teaching Standards